You have a right to receive competent medical care. The bringing of a medical negligence claim in the State of Florida is an extremely complicated matter with numerous hurdles to overcome. To be successful in your claim you must prove that the health care provider was negligent and that the negligence caused you injury.
Our medical malpractice division has a wealth of experience handling medical malpractice cases on behalf of patients and their families.
Protecting Your Rights After a Medical Error
There are many medical errors that can occur. Examples of surgical errors include:
- Use of unsanitary surgical utensils
- Delayed or prolonged surgery
- Surgery on wrong limb or organ
- Incorrect incision
- Organ puncture or perforation
Some of the most common types of surgeries that result in errors include:
- Gastric Bypass
- Plastic/Cosmetic Surgery
- Laparoscopic Intestinal Surgery
Other Medical Malpractice issues:
- Failure to diagnose cancer
- Failure to properly read diagnostic tools
- Lack of consent
If you feel you’ve been wronged medically, please contact our office today.